Rabu, 06 Januari 2010

Mariah Carey Talks Slurred Acceptance Speech

Last night was a good one for Mariah Carey, who took home trophy for Favorite R&B Artist at the People’s Choice Awards.
But her acceptance speech seemed to be a bit slurred, something the “Always Be My Baby” songstress blames on too much champagne.

She explained, “I don’t even know what it was. I heard clapping. You know, Lee [Michaels, Precious director] and I hadn’t seen each other in a long time, and he started right in with all these inside jokes, and I was like, OK.”


“We were celebrating and having little splashes, and I hadn’t eaten, and that’s what it was. We were celebrating the movie and all the exciting stuff going on. There’s a time for celebration and a time for not - but really technically, it’s a party atmosphere. We had splashes of champagne. I love Lee, but he’s a bad influence.”